Rotary Torque Sensor
Rotary torque sensors are used to measure the torsion forces being applied onto a rotating shaft. Generally speaking, it is installed between driving and driven shaft. Rotary torque sensor can be mounted directly with a rotating shaft.
TSR-09 rotary torque sensor or transducer with bellow couplings can be used in any mounting position like horizontal, vertical or oblique. With vertical or oblique operation, please ensure that additional masses are sufficiently supported as shown above.
We manufacture rotary Torque sensors of following types:
- Slip Ring Type
- Optical Type
- Rotary Transformer type
- Digital Telemetry type
- Clamp on type
Slip ring Type Sensors:
Normally the measurement of torsion forces is done by a physical connections to the measuring circuit. This circuit is mounted on the rotating shaft. In the same way, physical connections are used to supply power and take signal output from this circuit. These physical connections are established by using slip rings in slip ring type sensors.
Normally, slip rings works fine upto 1000-1500 RPM application and in applications where there are no rapid acceleration and deceleration. Because, while accelerating and decelerating, slip ring arrangement produces lot of noise in the output signal. Overall accuracy of the measurement is compromised because of this noise. This noise is very minimum when the sensor is operating continuously at a fixed RPM. In short, these sensors support only a few applications.
In the long run, slip ring arrangement goes under wear and tear and need maintenance and repair at regular intervals.
So, to eliminate these noises, and related problems, contactless ways are used to power up the measuring circuit and to read the measurement signals. Not to mention, this is where Optical, rotary transformer and digital telemetry type sensors come into picture.
Rotary Transformer type and optical type sensors use contactless means of powering up the circuit and reading the output signal. Hence, there is very little or no noise while accelerating and decelerating making them ideal of all applications upto 15000 RPM.
Clamp on Type Sensors:
There might be circumstances where the rotating shaft cannot be cut or the sensor cannot be fixed permanently. Here, the Clamp on type sensors are used. These sensors do not need to be fixed in between driving and driven shaft with coulings instead, it is mounted by clamping the sensor on the rotating shaft. Hence, making ideal for applications where the sensor cannot be fixed permanently. In the long run, these type of sensors can be used on various shafts and various applications.
– Nominal torques (rated): 0.1Nm, 0.2Nm, 0.5Nm, 1 Nm, 2Nm, 5Nm, 10Nm, 20Nm, 50Nm, 100Nm, 200Nm upto 10000 Nm. Sensor with capacity above 10000 Nm can be made on request.
– Accuracy Class: 0.2
– Contact less transmission of the measurement signal
– Measurement on rotating and stationary parts
– Cylindrical shaft ends for non play friction joints.
– Integrated measuring system for speed and angle of rotation
– Torque output signal: 0-10VDC, 4-20ma, RS-232 etc.
– Digital Torque indicator with RPM indicator.
- Install the shafts in the coupling hubs before fastening the couplings clamping screws
- Do not stretch the bellow couplings beyond the specified permissible elasticities
- The input and output shafts must be free from grease and burrs
- The shaft diameters should be made with a j6 tolerance to obtain the H7/j6 Preference fit
See this actual application video of 30Nm, 12000 RPM Rotary Transformer Type torque sensor: